[OT] yahoo protocol switching

hey all,

noticed today that yahoo has again switched protocols, making it
impossible to connect from gaim.  the quick fix suggested on /. [1] --
switching to scs.yahoo.com from scs.msg.yahoo.com -- doesn't work for
me, as pointed out in the threads below, as i'm running Gaim, not
trillian.

i tried upgrading to the latest debian release of the yahoo messenger
off their website, but that doesn't work for me, either.

has anyone else been bitten by this, and found a workaround?

thanks,

</nori>

[1]
http://slashdot.org/articles/04/06/24/128248.shtml?tid=126&tid=187&tid=95

--
    .~.      nori @ sccs.swarthmore.edu
    /V\  http://www.sccs.swarthmore.edu/~nori

++     Sponsor me as I run my SECOND marathon for AIDS:       ++
++ http://www.aidsmarathon.com/participant.asp?runner=DC-2844 ++