Re: Lots of problems - help please

> > The alt-tab behaviour is totally unbearable right now. I want to solve
> > this somehow, but I have no idea what to do. I know this is the linux
> > mailinglist joker, but I'm seriously considering going back to Windows
> > for good, and that'd be after 3 years of using Linux and trying my
> > best to manage it. I had such high hopes for debian as well, it seemed
> > perfect :/
> >
> First, try a different window manager/environment (as outlined above) to
> see if the problem is in X or in KDE.

Well, I'm running gnome (sid/unstable), upgrade'd this morning, and I
still have the problem. I guess it's an X problem then - I've just been
putting up with it for a while now, hoping it'll go away one of these
days.

And the _text_ cursor for me (in gnome-terminal) is really really laggy
too. Again, I'm coping best I can until it goes away, which I hope it
does soon now.

These two problems have only happened in the last week or so. Only the
second time I've had real usability problems with unstable /sid too - in
about two years. So it's not too bad really, given that it's 'unstable'.

fwiw
zen