Re: moving to the 2.6 kernel?

Aaron Robertson-Hodder wrote:

Hi,

Just wondering if all you people are moving to 2.6 from Woody, Sarge or
sid? I have been trying to compile the 2.6.6 kernel on my Woody distro
and keep getting depmod errors.
I've tried using a number of different configs as a starting point
(including the knoppix one) and still can't seem to get it right.
I have now read that there may be issues with Woody going to 2.6. Is
that true? If so, I guess I'll try Sarge if that sounds like the best
option...

There's certainly more to going to 2.6 than just building the packages. There _is_ a 2.6 kernel and everything else you need around, I found it and downloaded it a while ago.

Support (security fixes) may be a problem with them, but that applies to Sarge too.

Me, I went to Sarge. Sarge has 2.6 kernels up to 2.6.6.