problems setting up hp color laserjet 4500N

Hi all
I am having trouble setting up HP color laserjet 4500N from a debian unstable. The problem is that the page to be printed is shrinked to 1/4 of the letter-sized paper. Something like

----------------
|  i   |       |
|  m   |       |
|  a   |       |
|  g   |       |
|  e   |       |
|-------       |
|              |
|              |

I am using KDE control center to set up this. The steps I followed are
peripherals -> printers -> Add printer/class -> network printer (tcp) -> HP color laserjet series -> test

If I choose HP laser jet series instead of HP color laserjet series, the output is coming on a full page (without color).

How can I get color + correct sized output on a letter-sized paper for this printer?

thanks for any ideas
raju

--
Home page: http://www.people.cornell.edu/pages/kk288/index.html