Re: Sony DSC P72 Digital Camera on USB port

Hi,

On Tue, Jun 22, 2004 at 07:09:59AM -0700, Ajitabh Pandey wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using plan woody 3.0r2 with the default 2.2
> kernel. I wanted to attach my Sony DSC P72 digital
> camera to the usb port. Hardware is old IBM
> 300GL(Pentium MMX/166, 64MB RAM, 2GB HDD, 2xUSB ports
> etc). I tried gphoto but it did not have my camera
> listed in the camera list under Configure option. I
> checked /proc/bus and the usb directory is not there.
> Does this mean that USB support is not there in the
> kernel. I can see hotplug is running.

If you just want to download/upload pictures, I'd recommend a standalone
card reader for your specific card type. They're very cheap these days, and
most of them work beautifully with linux. If you're using a laptop, you may
be able to find a pcmcia adapter for your card (less "loose" things in your
luggage when you travel). Another advantage of using a card reader is
that you save battery when downloading pictures.

Regards,
Paga

--
Marco Paganini          | UNIX / Linux / Networking
paganini@paganini.net   | PGP: http://www.paganini.net/pgp/