Re: Another "testing" vs "unstable" question

If I remember correctly, "unstable" is called "unstable" because the
packages go through a large amount of turnover and you'll usually have
to upgrade a few times per week to keep your system in sync.

In my experience, "unstable" is actually very stable for my desktop
uses. And its a whole lot easier to keep up-to-date than RPM based
distros. Debian's idea of a "stable" system is a lot more strict than
many other distros.

I run "testing" on my servers, and generally only have to run an
upgrade once a week to update a few packages. When I ran "stable", I
only had to upgrade extremely rarely when a security patch came out.

Chris M.

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 14:38:51 -0500, Michael Satterwhite
<michael@weblore.com> wrote:

--
Chris Metcalf
chris@chrismetcalf.net