Re: Another "testing" vs "unstable" question

On Monday 21 June 2004 22:00, Chris Metcalf wrote:

> If I remember correctly, "unstable" is called "unstable" because the
> packages go through a large amount of turnover and you'll usually have
> to upgrade a few times per week to keep your system in sync.

Now that's interesting.  The name "unstable" put me off using it.

> In my experience, "unstable" is actually very stable for my desktop
> uses.

I'll consider switching from testing to unstable now.

> And its a whole lot easier to keep up-to-date than RPM based
> distros.

I wholeheartedly agree, although I have seen comments from fans of
RPM-distros that we Debian users say that because we don't know how to
use urpmi properly.

-- Adam