Gnome very slow

Hi,

My Gnome environment has gone terribly slow after I did a apt-get dist-upgrade some days ago.  Gnome apps and X easily go up to 60%, 70% of CPU utilization.  The gdmgreeter takes about 1 whole minute to give me a login screen.

Has anyone had the same problem?  I'm running unstable with kernel 2.6.6-2-686.

Thanks,
Rafael

PS: Please cc me when replying, I'm not on the list.

--
Rafael Bohrer Ávila
PhD student II/UFRGS ID/IMAG