Re: 3 gigs enough?

Derrick 'dman' Hudson wrote:

On Mon, Jun 21, 2004 at 01:33:25PM -0500, Cecil wrote:
| Ok... Is there a lighter ide?

UNIX /is/ the IDE.
vim, ctags, make/ant, ls, find, grep, gcc/g++/python/jikes/java etc., etc.

Don't limit yourself to just the "all-in-one-and-makes-toast-too"
programs labelled as an IDE.  (although some of them do work well and
have certain handy features)

BTW you can get eclipse 2.1 via apt (its in the debian repository) or
the lastec 3.0 release candidate from eclipse.org.

-D

Ok. I just have never gone without an ide. I'm a student and have never done much programming. I haven't even gotten into programs that require more than one file to build.

Cecil