Re: ipchains problem,

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 15:30:52 +0200
Paal Marker <paal@barum.folkebibl.no> wrote:

> David Fokkema wrote:
>
> >I bet there's a 2.4 kernel available. While installing the
> >machines, you could have chosen bf24 instead of linux, vanilla or
> >expert signifying that you wanted a 2.4 kernel installed.
> >

> Could be.  Not used to Debians install-image yet.  I will try to make
> a re-install later.

Does the computer have net access? If so, there's no need to do a
reinstall. I've been using 2.4 kernels in Debian Woody for a year or
more now. All you need to do is setup your sources.list file to point to
the right Debian servers, run apt-get update and then you should be able
to do a "apt-get install kernel-image-2.4.18-1-686".

It sounds like your apt-cache search kernel-image is only pulling
results from the first installation cd, which I don't think has a 2.4
kernel on it. The 2.4 kernels were on cds 2 & 3, if I remember right.

--
GnuPG Key: 1024D/16377135

Random .signature #29:
Do you remember when you only had to pay for Windows when *you* were the
one that broke them?