Re: user x login fails

Tadek wrote:

Louiso,
It worked!!! Oh well. Almost.  In the midst of trying to fix the
problem, on advised of other gurus, I first created new user xxx. Initially it had the same behaviour, but after your sticky bit change
I login OK and KDE wizard ask me few configuration questions and it
runs beatifully.  But when I tried with original user (tad), the login
disapears, debian splash screen stays on, but KDE initialization
screen is not apearing at all and I have to ALT-CTL-F1 to restart.

Remove any KDE-related directorie's in that user's home folder.

--
Kent