Re: Mysql and php in sarge and sid different than in woody.

On Saturday 19 June 2004 05:38, Siraj 'Sid' Rakhada wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 12:43:01 -0700 (PDT), jmm19@humboldt.edu
>
> <jmm19@humboldt.edu> wrote:
> > Accidentally I upgraded mysql to the sarge version form woody and
[...]
> The best solution would be to remove the new mysql (but don't
> purge!), install the old mysql (probably have some dependency issues
> here), and do a mysqldump of the database to a file, and upgrade
> mysql again to the testing/unstable version, and mysqlimport the dump
> file.

Or find someone with the old version still installed, zip up the
database, copy it onto the box with the old version (moving the local
database out of the way first), do a dump, then put it back as was and
read the dump into your system.  Might be less work.  Just a thought.

--
richard