Sound system

Hi,

As a Linux noob, I have tried many many googling sessions to get sound working on the Sarge 2.6.6 installation I have. My machine has an Abit NF7-M motherboard with and NForce2 chipset. I tried the Music player in the KDE menu (rhythmbox) and when I do I get the following message;

osscommon: Unable to open /dev/dsp (in use ?)

Doers anyone have any idea exactly what steps I should follow to get it wotking? I do know that the machine will work in 2.6.5 as I tried it under Knoppix and it was OK.

I would greatly appreciate some help.

Thanks
Jim