Re: Mysql and php in sarge and sid different than in woody.

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 12:43:01 -0700 (PDT), jmm19@humboldt.edu
<jmm19@humboldt.edu> wrote:

> Accidentally I upgraded mysql to the sarge version form woody and now the
> server cannot access the databases.  I think php also changes.  I mean the
> directories change and are different from woody.  How can I link the
> databases again?  Is not a simple soft link to the previous directory to
> the new one.  Is apache also involved?

Not knowing what version has been upgraded to what version makes it a
bit more difficult to see if the database formats have changed in the
process of the upgrade.

The best solution would be to remove the new mysql (but don't purge!),
install the old mysql (probably have some dependency issues here), and
do a mysqldump of the database to a file, and upgrade mysql again to
the testing/unstable version, and mysqlimport the dump file.

To be honest, I thought the install scripts would upgrade the
database, I'm sure that's happened when I've had to upgrade mysql, but
I'm not 100% certain.

I hope that is /some/ help...

Sid