no icons in nautilus 2.6

Yesterday (18.06.2004) I did an "apt-get dist-upgrade" on my debian testing distribution. Some gnome packages got upgraded to 2.6 and now nautilus shows no icons. Menus are OK, but on the desktop I can only see the "start here" icon. All the others are default icons (blank piece of paper). Changing themes doesn't help, and neither does changing
desktop/gnome/interface/icon_theme or desktop/gnome/file_views/icon_theme or
apps/nautilus/preferences/theme, which I understand is now obsolete.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jaka