Re: scheduler

On Friday 18 June 2004 05:00, jawahar basha wrote:
> hi ,
>
> i am new to debian linux, having debian linux system.
>
> i have doubt about scheduler, how to stop the scheduler and where i want
> to change scheduler timing .
>

> kindly help me
>
> Thanks
> Regards
>
> syed

> Apply to 50,000 jobs now. http://go.msnserver.com/IN/50740.asp Post your
> CV on naukri.com today.

To stop the scheduler, do this as root:
$ /etc/init.d/cron stop

To keep it from running ever again, do this as root:
$ apt-get remove cron

To change the timing, edit the appropriate cron entry.  You don't say which
scheduled job you want to change, so I don't know if it's in cron.daily,
cron.hourly, or somewhere else.  "man cron" will give you a good start.

If this answer is not specific enough, please ask a more specific question.
We are all willing to help, and we welcome you to the group.  Also, if
English is not your native language, you might try looking for a list that
is in your native language, especially if the language barrier is keeping
you from being specific.

Justin Guerin