Re: starting error with thunderbird 0.7 on woody-system

Bluejack wrote:

On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 19:11:38 +0200, Palfalvi Richard <richard.palfalvi@chello.at> wrote:

I just downloaded the thunderbird-mail-client vers. 0.7, installed/moved it with tar -xvzf thu* to my /usr/local/share-directory and tried to start thunderbird in a console-window which failed with the following error-message: "error while loading shared libraries: libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

I got the same error-message when I tried to start firefox-0.9 in a console-window.

as root: apt-get intall libgtk2.0-0

should bring you all the packages you need.

-bluejack

thanks a lot for this hint.

I installed this library without problems but after trying to start again thunderbird I got another error message: "./firefox-installer-bin: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

I tried to find "libstdc++.so.5" with aptitude to install it but I couldn't find it !?? How can I find this module in the package list?

thx a lot for further advice.

yours sincerely,

Richard