starting error with thunderbird 0.7 on woody-system

Hi folks,

I just downloaded the thunderbird-mail-client vers. 0.7, installed/moved it with tar -xvzf thu* to my /usr/local/share-directory and tried to start thunderbird in a console-window which failed with the following error-message: "error while loading shared libraries: libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

I got the same error-message when I tried to start firefox-0.9 in a console-window.

Could somebody tell me what's wrong here and what I have to do? Where/how do I get this library? Can I install it on my woody-system without any dependency-problems?

Any hints appreciated. Thx a lot.

salut, Richard