Re: CBQ for DEBIAN

On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 22:10:57 -0700 (PDT)
Umar Draz <i_debian@yahoo.com> wrote:

> i have configure Debian Proxy Server and i have Cable network. Now i
> want restirct my user on spacific bandwidth so thats why i choose cbq.
> I alreday have Redhat Linux 7.3 and there also run cbq on that.
>
> but when I want run  CBQ.INIT script on debian i a got erorr
> **CBQ: ip-route2 utilities not installed or executable!

First, you'll need to install the iproute package. Since the shaper
package depends on that, I guess it's already installed, but check it
anyway. Then, you must make sure the kernel supports QoS. To do that,
have a look at the kernel configuration and see if NET_SCHED is enabled.
If it's not enabled, you'll need to build a new kernel or find a
suitable premade package.

--
Got Backup?

Jabber: Shadowdancer at jabber.fsinf.de