Re: How to get Microsoft Natural Multimedia Keyboard working

On Fri, 2004-06-18 at 01:20, James Sinnamon wrote:
> Dear Debian users/developers,
>
> I am uncertain about the best means to get my Microsoft Natural
> Multimedia Keyboard working with Debian.
>
> I also need the Microsoft Natural Multimedia Keyboard to work
> with the terminals tty1, tty2, tty3 etc when I am not using X.
>
> At the moment I don't even have access to the function keys
> so I am restricted to one virtual terminal when I am not using X.

Assuming that we're both thinking of the same keyboard, there is a
'function lock' key right next to F12. You have to turn it ON in order
for the function keys to work as function keys.

I'm not sure what else you want to get working? The multimedia buttons?
This is the keyboard that I use at work and I have had no problems at
all with it in text terminals or in X. The only thing that I don't have
access to in a tty is the Play/Pause, etc, buttons on the top of the
keyboard. Everything else works just fine.

--
Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837