Re: Open URL link to Mozilla from Kmail -> SOLVED (sort of)

On Friday 18 June 2004 08:21, Joost De Cock hurled the following on the wire:
> > > } How do i make changes for Mozilla firefox to open an url in Kmail.

Replying twice to my own initial apply. I guess I'm in the running for
pathetic wanker of the day!

Anyway, here's what to do. In KDE Control Center => KDE Components => File
Associations put mozilla-firefox first for html (under text).
When done, highlight the firefox entry in the 'Application Preference Order'
and click 'Edit'.
In the 'Advanced' tab, add %u as parameter to the command. (change 'firefox'
to firefox %u').

The %u parameter tells KDE that the program understands a url or list of
url's.

Voila, that does the trick for me. Only thing is, it open a second entry on my
task bar, no window is associated, but it keeps on sitting there until I
close the newly opened window, and the little globe keeps bouncing none-stop.

Extra points for fixing that, or for loading in a new tab, not a new window.

joost

DISCLAIMER
This e-mail and any attached files are confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, reproduction, copying, distribution, or other dissemination or use of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error please notify A.S.T.R.I.D.  nv/sa immediately and then delete this e-mail.