Re: What irc software?

On 2004-06-16, Cecil penned:
> Being fairly new to linux, I need to know what irc program is
> generally considered to be the best by most people. even better if it
> was a combo proggie that had aim, msn, yahoo, etc in it too... Sorry
> yall, i'm new.

xchat is an irc-only program.  Very similar to mirc on windows, if
you've used that, but better than mirc in my opinion.

If you're more of a console type person, bitchx is phenomenally
powerful, but I always forget how to use it.

I've yet to use a combined-protocol app that gave me all of the features
of irc.

--
monique