Re: What irc software?

On Wed, Jun 16, 2004 at 01:11:46PM -0500, Cecil wrote:
> Being fairly new to linux, I need to know what irc program is generally
> considered to be the best by most people. even better if it was a combo
> proggie that had aim, msn, yahoo, etc in it too... Sorry yall, i'm new.

irssi(-text) if you are comfortable with using a console program - since
you are new to linux, perhaps you would be more comfortable with a
GUI-based app, in which case I would suggest xchat.

Various instant-messengers (gaim, kopete) offer IRC support but I find
it more confusing and harder to use, as its sort-of sledge hammered into
the IM paradigm.

--
Jon Dowland
http://jon.dowland.name/