Re: Commercial-grade application software

On Tuesday 15 June 2004 10:17 pm, jack kinnon wrote:
> That's true, there are a lot of possible
> mix-and-match. I am looking for a completed one that
> may suit my needs. Basically I have in mind an
> integrated environment like those available fr Borland
> or MS.

Some of us think the MS or Borland approach is undesirable.
Mix-and-match allows members of a development team to customize
their personal environment, while maintainting consistency in
the package being produced.  Mix-and-match also allows the free
software model to work.

As someone else said, there is kdevelop and anjuta.  Apt-get
will find all the other stuff they need, and make it look
integrated.  That's actually what MS and Borland do.  They just
don't tell you.  They make it difficult for us who don't like
the GUI.  I think either will meet your needs.  Please don't
make me use them.