Re: openwebmail + postgresql configuration

Oliver Elphick wrote:
On Mon, 2004-06-14 at 20:01, Tom Allison wrote:

I'm running my authentication through a pgsql database with passwords that are stored as md5 hashes of the password.
This authentication model is working for the dovecot imap server.

I am using dovecot for my imap server.
It is configured for user information from /etc/passwd and authentication from pgsql.

Following a similar process under openwebmail doesn't give me much success. How do I address the problems with missing uid/gid/home fields in the database? I don't want to keep the same information in two locations (/etc/passwd, pgsql) if I can avoid it at all.

How can I do this?

ERROR MESSAGE:
Tue Jun 15 20:23:34 2004 - [31572] (unknown) tallison - userinfo error - auth_pgsql.pl, ret -3, Can't execute SQL statement: ERROR: column "uid" does not exist Tue Jun 15 20:23:44 2004 - [31572] (unknown) tallison - login error - no such user - loginname=tallison

I guess I'm wondering if anyone has run dovecot with openwebmail as they seem to be based on a somewhat similar architecture.