Re: trouble adding window manager to GDM

debian-user@lists.debian.org wrote:

On Monday 14 June 2004 18:30, Philipp Bliedung wrote:

Hello,

I am running Debian unstable and updated to Gnome 2.6 this past
weekend. After the update (and an update to the newest version of gdm
2.4.4.7-3) I can't select any other window managers from the GDM
login-screen.

I want to add blackbox and Xfce4.
The new version of GDM uses /etc/dm/Sessions/*.desktop files.  Here's my
xfce4.desktop file, for example:

[Desktop Entry]
Name=Xfce4
Comment=Xfce4
Exec=/usr/bin/xfce4-session
# no icon yet, only the top three are currently used
Icon=
Type=Application

Thanks a lot.
..That was what I was looking for ... now I have blackbox and xfce4 in the window-manager selection.

thanks again,
Philipp