Re: xcdroast in kernel 2.6 doesn't work with ATAPI or SCSI - BY-PASSED

Anthony Campbell wrote:

On 15 Jun 2004, Anthony Campbell wrote:
It's supposed to be unnecessary to use scsi-emulation in 2.6 kernels but
if I try to use ATAPI, xcdroast simply hangs with a message saying it
won't work properly (this is latest version from Sid).

I therefore gave up and compiled a kernel with SCSI emulation, which
worked for me in kernel 2.4, but in 2.6 it fails to detect any drives at
all, even though syslog shows that scsi emulation has worked.

Is there any way round this or do I have to revert to a 2.4 kernel
whenever I want to burn a CD? Does cdrecord work in 2.6 (I've never got
into cdrecord directly yet).

xcdroast resolutely refuses to run, but after a couple of hours work I
got to grips with mkisofs and cdrecord and I can now burn CDs without
problems. Probably rather quicker and easier than xcdroast, in fact.

Anthony

indeed. use mkisofs, cdrecord (and if necessary) cdparanoia. that's an commandline solution for burning cdroms.

steef