Re: xcdroast in kernel 2.6 doesn't work with ATAPI or SCSI - BY-PASSED

On 15 Jun 2004, Anthony Campbell wrote:
> It's supposed to be unnecessary to use scsi-emulation in 2.6 kernels but
> if I try to use ATAPI, xcdroast simply hangs with a message saying it
> won't work properly (this is latest version from Sid).
>
> I therefore gave up and compiled a kernel with SCSI emulation, which
> worked for me in kernel 2.4, but in 2.6 it fails to detect any drives at
> all, even though syslog shows that scsi emulation has worked.
>
> Is there any way round this or do I have to revert to a 2.4 kernel
> whenever I want to burn a CD? Does cdrecord work in 2.6 (I've never got
> into cdrecord directly yet).

xcdroast resolutely refuses to run, but after a couple of hours work I
got to grips with mkisofs and cdrecord and I can now burn CDs without
problems. Probably rather quicker and easier than xcdroast, in fact.

Anthony

--
ac@acampbell.org.uk    ||  http://www.acampbell.org.uk
using Linux GNU/Debian ||  for book reviews, electronic