Re: fsck very slow

Hi,

I am using Kernel 2.6.5 and Debia Sarge. During
the boot process fsck 1.35 is checking my filesystems
when they have been mounted couple times. When my
linux installation was "fresh" this process took
just some seconds. But since I have made some upgrades
it now takes very long approx. 5 min (depending on size
of partition).

Any hints how to solve this problem?

Can't help you on speed, but `tune2fs -c 0 /dev/hdx` disables automatic checks that happen every n mounts. But as long as you're doing that, you may as well `tune2fs -j /dev/hdx` to make it ext3. =) (Make sure you update fstab though)