problem with galeon

Hi everybody

even after hours of trying and searching the web i found no solution
to the following problem:

if i try to start galeon i get the following message (since about 2
months:)

/usr/lib/galeon-bin: relocation error:
/usr/lib/mozilla/components/libcaps.so: undefined symbol:
JS_HoldPrincipals

ii  galeon         1.3.15-2       GNOME web browser for advanced
users
ii  galeon-common  1.3.15-2       GNOME web browser for advanced
users
ii  mozilla-browse 1.6-7          The Mozilla Internet application
suite - cor
ii  mozilla-psm    1.6-7          The Mozilla Internet application
suite - Per
ii  mozilla-xft    1.6-7          The Mozilla Internet application
suite - Xft

The same happens when i try to use epiphany, so I think that the
problem might be the integration of gecko but i'm not sure about
that...

Another interesting fact (perhaps:)

When I try running mozilla in /usr/lib/mozilla using
./run-mozilla.sh (the script for developers) i get the same error
message:

(/usr/lib/mozilla) ./run-mozilla.sh
./mozilla-bin: relocation error:
/usr/lib/mozilla/components/libcaps.so: undefined symbol:
JS_HoldPrincipals

Does anyone know a way how to get galeon up and running again?

--
Matthias Kestenholz - mk@irregular.ch