Re: choosing sarge version?

On Friday 11 June 2004 05:07, piero orsi wrote:
> i've got a dvd from a magazine with debian disto-sarge
> version? is it updated and stable? should i download
> any other version?
> my sys sonfuguration is:
> p4 1,7ghz/256mb rimm/gforce4/hd40gb/hd20gb
> tks

Why not just try it out?  Assuming you have internet access, it is
trivially easy to update it once it is installed.  This is one of the
main advantages of Debian as a distro - the dpkg/apt family of tools
for updating and upgrading your installation.

Not everyone will agree with me, but I recommend you install aptitude
as soon as you have a working system (if it is not automatically
installed).  I find it the easiest package management front-end.

Buona fortuna, e bienvenuto a Debian.

--
richard