Re: Using the cp command.

On Thursday 10 June 2004 10:49 am, CW Harris wrote:
> What version of cp are you using?  I cannot duplicate this behavior
> here.  Are you sure you don't have an "-i" set?  Are you using /bin/cp
> or an alias?
>
> cp (coreutils) 5.0.91  [here]
>
> you might check out "--reply=yes" option (man cp)

heh or for geek value and an award for gratuitous use of pipe;
'/bin/yes | cp -$foo $options' might do the same thing.

IIRC /bin/yes dates back to when all cp and rm commands were
-i by default (back in the 70's as I understand it)

--
It could be, if the Microsoft way of handling the unzipped file was
safe and reasonable, but they've written their software to be too