Re: running fsck out of a script; drive never shows being checked

Silvan wrote:

> So I'm thinking it's some side effect of running fsck inside that if
> statement like that.

Nope.

> I'd like the technical explanation for what and why.  It doesn't seem
> to actually have any adverse effect, but it's mildly annoying.

The technical explanation is:

man e2fsck

look for the -f option. When you run the script the partition is clean
so e2fsck doesn't bother to check it, with the -f option it will.

--
OoberMick
Dr. Hibbert:

CBG:	Rise to vote, sir.

		They Saved Lisa's Brain (Episode AABF18)