Re: xinerama + radeon mobility 7500 M7 + laptop + external [LCD | SONY multiscan CRT]

hi ya zenaan

On Wed, 9 Jun 2004, Zenaan Harkness wrote:

> I've been trying last night, and now this morning since about 7am, and
> having not much luck so far.

thanx for "trying, experimenting, learning and hair pulling" :-)

> I've been reading the XF86Config-4 man page and XFree radeon driver
> page, but I still can't get it working:

ah ... did you try reading some example dual-head config files ??

> Any time I uncomment my second "Screen" entry in my "ServerLayout"
> section, running XFree86 hangs with a Sig11 or some such.

humm ... that bad .. :-0

> My setup:

make sure that each screen can work by itself ..
	- X11 on the laptop ( simple/easy .. )

	- plug the xternal monitor into a different PC, and see that
	its XF86Config file works for it

	- now merge the two together :-)

> With the second Screen+Monitor sections, and the extra line in my
> ServerLayout as per:
>
>    Screen      "Screen 0"
>    Screen      "Screen 1" RightOf "Screen 0"
>
> I've also tried this (and many other little things):
>    Screen      0 "Screen 0"
>    Screen      1 "Screen 1" RightOf "Screen 0"

see the examples
	http://www.linux-1u.net/X11/Dual/

c ya
alvin