xinerama + radeon mobility 7500 M7 + laptop + external [LCD | SONY multiscan CRT]

Has anyone got such a configuration working?

I've been trying last night, and now this morning since about 7am, and
having not much luck so far.

I've been reading the XF86Config-4 man page and XFree radeon driver
page, but I still can't get it working:

Any time I uncomment my second "Screen" entry in my "ServerLayout"
section, running XFree86 hangs with a Sig11 or some such.

My setup:

I have a ~2.5 year old DELL Inspiron.
ATI Radeon Mobility 7500 M7, 64MB Video RAM
1600x1200 15" LCD display built into the laptop.
External VGA connector on the back of the laptop.

Running Debian sid/unstable - I upgraded xserver-xfree86 this morning,
but the rest is perhaps a couple of weeks behind this.

For a second screen I am starting with an older SONY G500, since it is a
fully multiscan thing, and should have best hope of working.

Once I get the Xinerama working with the CRT, I then have an NEC 2080UX
LCD display to get working to replace the SONY (1600x1200 res).

Without two Screen sections, I can run cloned displays with the CRT fine
- ie. two copies of the same 1600x1200 (or lower I've tested too)
desktop.

With the second Screen+Monitor sections, and the extra line in my
ServerLayout as per:

   Screen      "Screen 0"
   Screen      "Screen 1" RightOf "Screen 0"

I've also tried this (and many other little things):
   Screen      0 "Screen 0"
   Screen      1 "Screen 1" RightOf "Screen 0"

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
Zenaan