Re: USB keyboards and linux 2.6

On 8. June 2004 at 5:26AM -0500,
linux@climbincrete.com wrote:

> You must have something like the following:
>
> USB support  --->
>      <*> Support for USB
>      [ ]   USB verbose debug messages
>      --- Miscellaneous USB options
>      [*]   Preliminary USB device filesystem
>      [ ]   Enforce USB bandwidth allocation (EXPERIMENTAL)
>      --- USB Host Controller Drivers
>      < >   EHCI HCD (USB 2.0) support (EXPERIMENTAL)
>      < >   UHCI (Intel PIIX4, VIA, ...) support

I have a VIA board so I guess the above should be my choice, and
this is what I have enabled for my kernel.

>      <M>   UHCI Alternate Driver (JE) support
>      < >   OHCI (Compaq, iMacs, OPTi, SiS, ALi, ...) support
>      --- USB Device Class drivers
> 	 .
> 	 .
>      <M>   USB Mass Storage support
>      [*]     USB Mass Storage verbose debug

A bit confused here.  Would a keyboard qualify as a mass storage
device?  In any case I do have the option for "usb-storage" module
enabled.

> 	 .
>      --- USB Human Interface Devices (HID)
>      <M>   USB Human Interface Device (full HID) support

I have this option enabled too as "usbhid".  It seems I have all
the necessary kernel bits in place.  But rebooting with the USB
keyboard attached causes my computer to hang (with or without my
normal keyboard attached).  May know what modules you have loaded
("/etc/modules" or lsmod) to successfully boot your USB keyboard?

Thanks!