Re: Multimedia Optimisation

Chris Metzler wrote:

On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 11:55:05 +0000
Simon L <pvworld@ca.tc> wrote:
Chris Metzler wrote:
On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 09:02:43 +0000
Simon L <pvworld@ca.tc> wrote:
I will take a concrete example: "Tuxracer". I can run it (at approx 1frame/sec).
Whoa.  If you're only getting 1 fps on tuxracer, that strongly suggests
you're using software rendering rather than hardware.  Can you run
"glxinfo" and see what it says for "direct rendering"?
direct rendering: Yes

OK, let's forget tuxracer for a second.  Can you run "glxgears" from
a terminal?  In that terminal, it will give fps counts.  What do you
get?

-c

Now I am all :S
It wrote 362.600 FPS so I said to myself "how come". I ran "Tuxracer" and now it works... I don't know what happened, I don't know what I did, but now it works. 3 Hours before it didn't worked and now it works...
If only I knew what happened.

Thanks anyway, I'm so happy now :D