Re: glibc + libstdc++?

Pardon me for missing the start of this thread.

Adam Aube wrote:
> Jeff Elkins wrote:
> > To use PureVoice Converter, you must have the following:
> >
> > -  Linux for x86 (any distribution or build should work)
> > -  GLIBC 2.2 (e.g. RedHat RPM "glibc2.2.4-19.3")
> > -  LIBSTDC++ 2.96 (e.g. RedHat RPM "libstdc++-2.96-54")
> >
> > I'm running sid. What should I apt-get?

This following is probably the magic package you need to meet binary
compatibility with Red Hat packages.

  apt-get install libstdc++2.9-glibc2.1

You can get it from here.

  http://packages.debian.org/stable/oldlibs/libstdc++2.9-glibc2.1.html

> Try "apt-cache search libc6" and "apt-cache search libstdc++" for relevant
> package lists. If the versions currently in Sid don't work for you, look at
> snapshot.debian.net as a source of older versions.

If you are running sid then you should already have all of those
listed components.

  Linux           -- Check, running Debian GNU/Linux
  GLIBC 2.2       -- Check, libc-2.3.2 is sid.
  LIBSTDC++ 2.96  -- Check, libstdc++5-3.3.3 in sid

Seeing 2.96 listed hackles me a little.  Red Hat shipped a prerelease
version of gcc and called it that.  There never has been an official
2.96 from the gcc team.  But with that caveat you are probably okay
even with all of the packages from woody because woody otherwise meets
the requirements.

Bob