Re: hostname

Pigeon wrote:
> ...and don't forget to do a recursive grep on /etc to find all the
> other files with the hostname in (eg. /etc/exim/exim.conf).

Depending upon your MTA there are several possibilities.  I am sure
that is why Debian has /etc/mailname.  Postfix does not natively know
about it but is patched to read it so that it does not need any
hostnames in /etc/postfix/main.cf.

It somewhat bothers me that /etc/mailname is a unique thing.  But I
understand trying to pull the data out of the all of the different
config files so that things are more generic.

Bob