Re: nv driver turns monitor off on X start

stebe@juxtaposition.dynip.com wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-06-05 at 07:12, martin f krafft wrote:
> > also sprach Debian User <sherab@slingshot.co.nz> [2004.06.04.1313 +0200]:
> > > Have you tried the latest Nvidia driver
> > > NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-5336-pkg1.run from http://www.nvidia.com?
> >
> > no. i would prefer to stay with Debian. i will look at the
> > nvidia-kernel-source package sometime...
>
> There are debian source packages, I just add this to my sources.lst
>
> #nvidia drivers
> deb http://people.debian.org/~rdonald/nvidia unstable/i386/
> deb http://people.debian.org/~rdonald/nvidia modules-unstable/i386/
> deb http://people.debian.org/~rdonald/nvidia pre/i386/

There are debian packages but there are no DFSG packages.

As to why the monitor blanks, I can't guess.  I have never had that
problem with the nv driver.

Try knoppix and see if it behaves differently.  If it works then you
have an A-B comparison available to try to determine what is
different.

Bob