XFree86 Keyboard error (azerty ; be-latin1)

Hi all,

I have a keyboard issue in X. I'm also a very *new* linux-user.

problem:
The Right Alt (Alt Gr) key doesn't work under X. In a console it works fine.
Azerty layout works fine.

This message i get from tty1 console (from which i sarted x)
--
The XKEYBOARD keymap compiler (xkbcomp) reports:
--

Extract from /etc/X11/XF86Config-4
--
Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier	"Generic Keyboard"

question(s)
-should i simply install the latin1 variant in the "be" include file (?
:-/). Which package(s) do i need?
-Is there a keyboard config for the console (similar to above section in
XF86Config-4)? This way i would be able to see what the difference is
between both configs.

Thx!
Jeroen