Re: stable x unstable.

On Sat, 5 Jun 2004 13:21:45 -0300
Guilherme Rocha_Sul Soluções <guilherme@sulsolucoes.com.br> wrote:

> How I can to know what my distro??? If stable or unstable???
>
> My Xserver can't run and a friend saw that unstable is more recent
> than my vga card maybe are recognize for unstable vrsion.
>
> Thank's
>
> P.S. the iso image of my installation is "
> debian-30r2-i386-binary1_NONUS1 "

For one, the "30r2" in the iso image name you mention means it is for
Debian v3.0r2.

However, you can avoid having to go to the trouble of looking at the iso
images by doing a "cat /etc/debian_version".

HTH,
Jacob

--
GnuPG Key: 1024D/16377135

Random .signature #2:
Microsoft gives you Windows... Linux gives you the whole house.