Re: S/MIME support in Emai clients

Luis R. Rojas wrote:
> Vineet Kumar said:
> > As for recommendations: Mutt is the best mailer I've ever used
> > (and by far the most efficient, which is what you asked for) but
> > thunderbird looks pretty good if you like a mouse.
> >
> is thunderbir in the apt-get or aptitude tree? mine says it couldnt find
> it? in case it isnt. can you install manually?

If you could not find it then it tells me you are running stable.  In
that case you can get it from www.backports.org which has backports to
stable of packages from unstable.  You can put this line in your
/etc/apt/sources.list file and then update from there to get
thunderbird and similar entries for mozilla and firefox.

  deb http://www.backports.org/debian stable mozilla-thunderbird debconf

Bob