Re: which sarge iso's do I need to install kde desktop?

On Fri, 4 Jun 2004 22:54:15 +0300, Shaul Karl <shaulk@actcom.net.il> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 03, 2004 at 08:59:53PM -0400, Ignatz Sol wrote:
> > I've been hunting around for this information (or any list of what is
> > in each iso) but cannot find it.  I would like to install kde from
> > iso's and have the right ones around for some friends' installs that
> > are coming up.  Can anyone clue me into which cd's I need?  Or better
> > yet, refer me to a list of packages organized by iso?
> >

>   I am not sure there are such iso's/cd's available at this time. You
> might want to try asking on debian-kde@lists.debian.org or search, and
> perhaps ask, through kde home page. Actually, distributors of cd's for
> Debian current archive probably have such cd's. You might try finding
> such a distributer by looking on the Debian site for cd's distributors.
> Be warned that those cd's are rather expensive.
> --
> "If you have an apple and I have  an apple and we  exchange apples then
> you and I will still each have  one apple. But  if you have an idea and I
> have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two
> ideas." -- George Bernard Shaw     (sent by  shaulk @ actcom . net . il)

I'm not sure what you mean.  I have gone ahead and installed sarge
with kde and I did fine with just the first 4 cds with only a handful
of downloads, next to nothing.  In fact, I don't think the kde install
went past the first 2?  Maybe onto number 3.  But I didn't use 4 until
I loaded Mozilla Thunderbird...  I am surprised that there is no list
available to show you what is on each cd.