Re: what happened to KDE?

On Thu, 03 Jun 2004 23:26:58 UTC
Tom Kuiper <tbhk@dsnra.jpl.nasa.gov> wrote:
>> Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 19:19:06 -0400
>> From: Chris Metzler <cmetzler@speakeasy.net>
>> To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
>> Subject: Re: what happened to KDE?
>> Hi.  First of all, there's no need to CC me with any of this stuff.
>> I read the list, obviously.
>
> The way 'elm' parses the header, if I reply only to you, no copy goes to
> the list.  So, I do a 'group reply' to pick up what is on the Cc: line.

OK, elm is broken.  Nevertheless, PLEASE DO NOT CONTINUE TO CC ME.
Sending to only the list is fine.  I read the list.  It's generally
considered rude here to cc people with a second copy unless they
request them.  It's especially rude to continue to do it after
they've asked you to stop, and even more so if the recipient is
someone who's taking time to try to be helpful.

With that out of the way . . .

>> I think the problems you're having are two separate problems:  one
>> having to do with the missing KDE session option in gdm, and the other
>> having to do with KDE being de-installed.
>
> OK, you've confirmed my diagnosis.  Right now, if you try to get kde
> back, you won't get the core parts.  I trust it will be fixed soon.

Given that you snipped the rest of the message I sent, I'm a little
worried that you thought I'd top-posted, and thought that what you
quoted was all I added.  There was a bunch of stuff further below,
indicating what I think is up with your gdm installation and what I
think is up with KDE.  You may have seen it and trimmed it; but due
to paranoia, I'm just making sure you caught it.

-c

		(remove "snip-me." to email)