Re: NIce cron or anacron jobs

* David Baron (d_baron@012.net.il)[20040603 08:18]:
> On Thursday 03 June 2004 14:28, you wrote:
> > David Baron wrote:
> > > How does one assure that such jobs be run with -nice ##. Simply placing
> > > this on the command line as  "jobbin -nice ## " ... does not seem to
> > > work.
> >
> > Try this as an example cron entry (assume every midnight):
> >
> > 0 0 * * *  nice cleanup_script.sh
> >
> > Not all jobs know the arguement '-nice' (setiathome is the only one I've
> > seen with this).  Otherwise you'll have to prefix with nice
>
> Yes, I have seen this. Where do I place the number?

NICE(1)                          User Commands                         NICE(1)

NAME
       nice - run a program with modified scheduling priority

SYNOPSIS
       nice [OPTION] [COMMAND [ARG]...]

DESCRIPTION
       Run  COMMAND  with  an  adjusted scheduling priority.  With no COMMAND,
       print the current scheduling priority.  ADJUST is 10 by default.  Range
       goes from -20 (highest priority) to 19 (lowest).

       -n, --adjustment=ADJUST
              increment priority by ADJUST first

good times,
Vineet