sid: Caps-Lock shifts keyboard layout + network problem

Dear all,

one of my students is working under sid with kde and a US keyboard
layout.  For editing, everything works fine except when he presses the
Caps-Lock.  Then, the whole layout is shifted by one to the left, i.e.
H becomes G, F becomes D, D becomes S etc.

Does anybody know how and where I can fix this problem?

The same box looses network configuration in /etc/resolv.conf
everytime the box gets rebooted.  Why?  First, I suspected
resolvconf(8) to cause trouble, and hence, I removed this.  But now,
the problem still persists.  There are no DHCP clients installed.

Does anybody know how and where I can fix this problem?

Thanks for any enlightenment!

wbr,
Lukas
PS: I installed that box from a business-card iso-image.
--
Lukas Ruf           | Wanna know anything about raw |
<http://www.lpr.ch> | IP? -> <http://www.rawip.org> |