pureftpd config questions.

Hi all,
I'm using pureftpd on SARGE and I don't know where to put startup options? I think it's in "/etc/init.d/pureftpd" but I can't figure out what lines to edit to make this happen. I want to run it in TLS mode by default, does anyone know to set this up? Also when I try to stop the pureftpd daemon with "/etc/init.d/pureftpd stop" and then check with "netstat -a" the process is still running? I can't shut it down unless I kill the process. Anyone know of a fix for this?

Thanks.

Ralph