Re: Whom to ask about package system errors?

On Thu, 2004-06-03 at 15:15, Kevin Boergens wrote:
> Hi!
>
> In the last days I had a huge problem with the package system, and I'm not sure
> whether the packages are messed up or whether it is my fault.
>
> All kde packages refuse to install. They need the libcupsys2 package, but
> according to apt-get, this has no installation candidate and is replaced by
> libcupsys2-gnutls10 and libcupsimage2. I'm using instable from the main Dutch
> ftp Mirror.
>
> I think that this propably isn't a problem for the user list, but where to get help?

There's been a thread about this recently (broken cups in sid).
but is back now.
Solutions are to use the libcupsys2 from testing or if you feel up to
it, compile kdelibs4 against the lastest libcupsys-dev package.

Otherwise just wait for the new packages to be uploaded and make do
without either KDE or cups printing (and the latest Gnome)

HTH
Tristan