Re: Linux on a Windows XP computer?

alex wrote:
The motherboard has integrated video and integrated sound and it has an Agere Systems PCI Soft Modem . As far as I can tell, video seems OK in Linux, at least it's there but I'm just comparing it to another WinXP computer where the video didn't work at all in Linux. Perhaps someone can enlighten me on this..

If it's an Agere modem, it may use the LT drivers. Check out
ltmodem.heby.de.  This may save you having to buy a new modem.

-Roberto Sanchez